These Trademark Usage Terms and Conditions (“TM T&Cs”) tell you the rules, terms, and conditions for using the trademarks of Várri Consultancy.
1. What is in These T&Cs?
- These trademark usage terms and conditions (“TM T&Cs”) tell you the rules, terms, and conditions for using the trademarks of Varri Consultancy (“Varri Consultancy”, “Várri Consultancy”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). The term ‘trademark’ should be viewed as interchangeable with ‘service mark’ in these TM T&Cs.
2. About our Trademarks
The Várri Consultancy® primary logo, including its components, is a registered trademark of Varri Consultancy in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Várri, Várri Consultancy, the Várri Consultancy primary and secondary logos, the Várri three peaks logomark, our primary and secondary audio logos and their components, our audio brand themes and their components, our taglines ‘A New Standard in Management Consultancy’ and ‘A Modern Standard in Management Consultancy’, the phrases ‘Transparent Peaks’ and ‘Vision of Stability’, our photo overlay filters, and our ambient image blends consisting of a cold Nordic mountain photo to the left and a warm desert landscape photo to the right, and our colour palette, are trademarks of Varri Consultancy in the UAE and other countries.
Please include this attribution, as appropriate, with your other trademark and copyright notices.
3. Using Our Name in Text
- Use our full trade name, Várri Consultancy, when referring to our company. Use our registered legal name, Varri Consultancy, when required for lawful purposes.
- When referring to our services, the Várri Consultancy registered trademark may be used as an adjective, followed by a description of our services. The registered trademark aims to identify the source of specific goods or services. In these circumstances, the Várri Consultancy name should always be accompanied by the registered trademark symbol the first time it appears in plain text in documents, such as press releases, articles, and company reports. You should place the symbol adjacent to the mark in superscript (raised) font. Examples:
- Várri Consultancy® risk advisory services
- Várri Consultancy® business consulting
- Várri Consultancy® sustainability consulting
- When referring to our services, the Várri trademark may also be used as an adjective (without “Consultancy”), followed by a description of our services. The trademark aims to identify the source of specific goods or services. In these circumstances, the Várri name should always be accompanied by the trademark symbol the first time it appears in plain text in documents, such as press releases, articles, and company reports. You should place the symbol adjacent to the mark in superscript (raised) font. Examples:
- Várri™ risk advisory services
- Várri™ business consulting
- Várri™ sustainability consulting
- Not all references to our name need the use of the registered trademark or trademark symbols. For example, the symbols are not required on letterhead or in correspondence. Furthermore, if you use the complete company name and address at the bottom of an advertisement, there is no requirement to include the trademark.
4. Using Our Name in Web Addresses
- When creating a showcase web page, for example, as part of a sponsorship engagement approved by us, you should use our full legal name (i.e. with a regular ‘a’ in Varri) to avoid having the ‘á’ replaced by non-alphabetical characters. You should also capitalise the two words and include a dash between them.
5. Using Our Logo
- Logos for Use by Partner. As a third party, you'll need permission to use our logos. Please get in touch with us with your logo usage request. If approved, you may use our logos following the terms of your agreement with Várri Consultancy, our Brand Guidelines, and our Audio Brand Guidelines, as applicable.
- Logos for use by the media. Logos may be downloaded for use in reporting on our business. These logos must not be altered, combined with other marks, or used misleadingly. You can use these logos if you comply with these TM T&Cs and our Brand Guidelines. If you are a member of the media and have any specific requirements, please get in touch with us.
- Books or printed material. We do not allow the use of our logos or the name “Várri” in the title or otherwise on the cover of books or other publications without our prior written permission. Contact us if you want to use our name or logos in a publication.
- Film and TV. Please contact us if you would like to use our logos in a television, film, or video production.
- Blogs. We do not allow the use of the name Várri in the title of blogs or otherwise in the blog except as a descriptive reference to Várri Consultancy or our services. In addition, we do not allow the use of our logos in blogs except as permitted in these TM T&Cs.
- Manufactured item. Generally, we do not permit third parties to use our logos on manufactured products (e.g. T-shirts and other memorabilia). However, please contact us if you wish to use our logos on manufactured items.
- Use requirements and terms. All permitted uses of the logos must conform to these TM T&Cs and our Brand Guidelines.
6. Restrictions on the Use of Our Marks
- No confusingly similar marks: Do not use the marks in a manner that might create potential confusion as to the owner of the Várri marks or imply that Várri is the source of your products or services.
- No incorporation: Do not incorporate the Várri marks into your product name, service name, trademarks, logos, company names, domain names, website title, publication title, application icon, favicon, or similar. Do not incorporate or use the Várri logo as part of a word.
- No generic use: Do not use the Várri marks to suggest a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
- No plural or possessive use: Never use the Várri marks in the plural or possessive form.
- Domain names: Do not register the Várri marks as a domain name or any part of a domain name.
- Trade dress: Do not copy or imitate the Várri website design, typefaces, distinctive colours, graphics designs or imagery.
- Endorsement: Do not display the Várri marks in any manner that might imply a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Várri or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest that any content has been authorised by or represents the views or opinions of Várri or Várri personnel.
- Prominence: Do not display the Várri marks as the primary or most prominent feature on your web page or in any materials Várri has not produced.
- Disparagement: Do not use the Várri marks in a manner that would disparage Várri Consultancy or its products or services.
- Violation of law: Do not display the Várri marks on any website that contains or depicts adult content, promotes gambling, involves the sale of tobacco or alcohol to persons under twenty-one years of age, or otherwise violates any law or regulation.
- Objectionable use: Do not display the Várri marks in a manner that is, in the sole opinion of Várri, misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libellous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Várri Consultancy.
- The Várri Consultancy name and primary logo are registered trademarks in the UAE and should be accompanied by the ® mark unless otherwise noted in these TM T&Cs.
- The other trademarks must be accompanied by the ™ symbol unless otherwise noted in these TM T&Cs.
- Várri Consultancy may ask you to stop using the marks at any time. You agree to stop using the marks within a reasonable period of the request from Várri Consultancy, but in no situation more than seven (7) days after our request.
- Reservation of Rights: Várri Consultancy owns all rights in the marks and reserves all rights save the limited license granted here. Your use of the marks under these TM T&Cs shall not be construed as limiting any of our rights in the marks.
- Várri Consultancy disclaims any warranties that may be expressed or implied by law regarding the Várri Consultancy marks (to the extent permitted by law), including warranties against infringement.